We are committed to helping disabled individuals achieve their goals by whatever means necessary. Since the recent inception of Wheeling Forward, we have already helped disabled individuals achieve progress, here are just some recent examples:
- Helped a young female return to school with proper accommodations a year after suffering a traumatic brain injury.
- Provided a motorized wheelchair for an individual in a nursing facility who was completely immobile otherwise, and now we are working on getting him housing and back into the community
- Assisted an individual with legal representation for his fair hearing after his homecare was abruptly terminated and he was slated to enter a nursing facility.
- Assisted a young female to begin collegiate/undergraduate studies after 10 years of living in a nursing facility.
- Provided a motorized wheelchair to a young female who only was given a manual wheelchair after being deemed as ‘homebound’ by her insurance carrier.
- Provided assistive technology adaptations to a quadriplegic in a nursing facility, who was able to use a computer independently for the first time since becoming disabled.
- Provided a wheelchair ramp for family’s home of a young male living in a nursing facility so that he could make home visits.
And this list will continue to grow through the work we are committed to doing.